Uploading large audio or video files will eventually require you to increase WordPress file size upload limit on your site. There are a few different ways to increase the file size limit, and both methods can be handled by beginners.
Method 1: Update php.ini file
1) Open a text editor such as TextEdit or Notepad++.
2) Copy the following text into the file:
memory_limit = 96M post_max_size = 96M upload_max_filesize = 96M file_uploads = On
3) Save the file as: php.ini
4) FTP the file to the root directory of your site. In some cases, uploading the file to the wp-admin directory has proven successful.
5) Test your site and see if the upload limit has changed.
If uploading or updating your php.ini file has no affect, then you can always try the following method.
4 thoughts on “How to Increase WordPress File Size Upload Limit”
You’re welcome @Rkharsho. Glad it helps. All the best.